Many people are willing to live a life of a detective but the question in their mind is that how to become a detective. They can become a detective either by applying through police departments or by making their own career in private sector.
In the first method, you become a detective by applying yourself as a police officer, then you go further up by promotions and get the seat of detective. The other way is to make your own profile in private sector, then you will have no intervention in the law and order authorities officially.
In the first method, you become a detective by passing multiple series of tests, interviews and other related examinations by the police authorities. The candidates who pass, then become a police officer either a traffic police officer or an ordinary street officer. These officers are then promoted by the police department on the rank of detective. This is the one way to become a detective through police departments.
How To Become Detective
In the second method, you build your own profile of a detective by your own. You fulfill different requirements for becoming a detective which include having a driving license, medical report, clearance from criminal lists or no-crime-certificate. Your state will give you a permit which will be your new identity- A detective.
Those were some ways of how to become a detective. Now, we shall discuss some of the most important qualities that should have a true detective.
- His communication skills should be extra-ordinary. As the detective has to communicate with different types of people like victims and witnesses etc. so he needs to improve his communication skills.
- A detective should be fast in decision making. A true detective always makes a right and appropriate decision in no time.
- Patience is the backbone of a detective. This patience may be as long as for 1 or 2 years but a detective should be patient and should wait for the right time to catch his target or goal.
- A detective should be intelligent and use all the available resources in an appropriate manner to get more benefit from less resources.
- A detective should observe everything and every act deeply with full concentration. He should be aware of his surroundings and should know what’s going on in his environment.
- A detective should have questioning nature. He should link all possibilities linked to a situation by examining a victim. He must go under the bottom layer of investigation so that nothing is left behind. The best way is to interviewing the suspects & collection of proofs at scene.
- The investigator must be vigilant. The memorizing power should be sharp enough to remember the chats and gestures. He should pick up the face expressions of suspects and nervousness in different situations during interviewing. In the end, the links between findings are matched, allowing to solve the case effectively.
- The questioning must be relevant and logical so to enable the investigator to judge in advance the upcoming evidence. Many ambiguities are neglected in this way thus organizing the case in linear fashion.
- Most of all, detective should be well aware of law & order situation and should act according to the defined rules. Being a loyal to the state must be a motto. The credit is maintained in this way otherwise lost.